02 May 2012

Official Summary:
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart..

My Review:
1 out of 5 stars

Well, my review this time won't be long. Because I can't even really explain about this book except this book is definitely going to my abandoned list of book. A little warning, if you love this book, maybe you don't wanna read my review at all.

The story began when Eva Tramell, a woman with dark past moved to New York and got a job in Crossfire Industry - an industry with Gideon Cross as the owner, who also has a dark past.

At the first day Eva came to the office, she stumbled across Gideon, a Dark and Dangerous man as Eva said it. And not so surprisingly, Gideon took interest in Eva and began to seduce Eva every time he met Eva in the office with his charm. But she resist.

As a romance novel, we surely know that Eva will eventually fall for his charm. Right? Right? But what we love  about a romance novel is the process, how the characters fall for each other. This is what the problem with this novel in my opinion. There's no process at all. Just a little seduce, sex, and TADA! They became a couple.

You know what? They're a sick and dysfunctional couple.

First, Eva. after they're in a "relationship", she became immature and full of jealousy. Not like an independent woman that first introduced at the first chapter. She always running and angry because of nothing. She's ridiculous. I'm so sick of her through the book.

Let me tell ya my friends, the thought to stop reading and just forget about this book all together is continuously popped up on my mind . But at the same time, I hate to leave a book unfinished - unless I really can't bear to read it anymore. So at the end, I just stick with it and hope everytime I flip a page, this story will get better. But nooooooo...... the story got worse.

Suddenly, out of nowhere Gideon blurted out something like: Hey, Eva. I'm dominant and you're submissive. Let's have a BDSM relationship and have sex all the time. It's just ridiculous.

And did I mention how sick their relationship is? yes? Okay, this is the addition. Their relationship is like an evil circle. There's no end and always keep repeating the same thing. First, they all like a love sick couple. And then, something is gonna happen or Gideon screwed up, Eva ran and search for a nearest escape, Gideon then chased her and beg her to take him back and ask for her forgiveness. And when Eva refused, Gideon will kiss her that lead to an angry-crazy-make up sex.

And disappointingly, our Dark and Dangerous man is not so dark and dangerous anymore after all. He became weak and desperate for Eva. He just lost that mysterious-dark aura for me.

And for the last, I just check it in Goodreads and guess what? There will be a sequel.

Yeah, bet your ass that I'm not gonna touch that book, ever.


0 comments